Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I just got back from a weekend trip down to Washington DC. Jeff Stone, my litho independent study professor, told me to go check out the Whistlers at the Freer Gallery in relation to the new suite of lithographs I'm working on. The lithographs are four different views from my rooftop at four different times of day. Each will progress through three different states and each state will be printed in a neutral grey, created through complimentary colors (they will also be documented in black). Below are the Whistlers I loved most at the Freer, followed by one of the lithographs in its first state, as it appears on the stone, pre-etch.






Also, here is a small oil sketch for a painting i'm working on from the model in my figure study class.

1 comment:

  1. I feel very very cold looking at the second Whistler print, and I like his use of light in the third. It took me a second to realize that the last one was yours and not another Whistler. I understand why your professor wanted you to see these. :-)

    ReplyDelete